MI-CEMI’s mini-grant cycle is currently open, and we are accepting applications from member organizations until January 21, 2022 until 11:59pm. The maximum amount to be distributed per grant will be $2,500.00, and should be utilized for initiatives, projects, events, etc that align with our goals to:
1. Prevent incarceration through diversion and changes to policing;
2. Reduce the average length of stay through sentencing and parole reforms;
3. Provide people in prison quality educational and health programming;
4. Reduce the return-to-prison rate through robust reentry services;
5. Reinvest money saved by reducing incarceration back into community;
6. Lead public education to inform voters and elected officials on issues above.
MI-CEMI has been able to award mini-grants to some 501(c)3 organizations doing work in line with our vision to end mass incarceration and create and restore healthy communities in Michigan.
Hover your cursor over the slides below to pause them to learn more about what past awardees did with the grant money awarded to them. Use the arrows on the left and right of the slides to progress or go back.
© Copyright 2020 MICHIGAN COLLABORATIVE TO END MASS INCARCERATION. WebCreationUS Website Designers