The 2022 Michigan Reentry Convening on July 12 at the Lansing Community College West Campus brought together 130 formerly incarcerated people, nonprofit service providers, advocacy organizations, and government agencies to:
- Build shared understanding of the current state of reentry in Michigan and how we got here.
- Learn from peers instate and around the country.
- Develop a shared policy agenda to improve reentry in Michigan.
- Create structures and mechanisms for advancing a policy agenda.
- Build relationships among reentry advocates across the state.
- Event Agenda
- Summary of Reentry Service Provider Survey Results
- Focus group report
- Draft Michigan Reentry 3.0 Policy Platform
- Focus group report out slide deck (Includes notes from table discussion)
- MDOC slide deck
- MI Reentry 3.0: Draft Policy Platform for Reentry in Michigan Slide Deck (Includes report outs from breakout group discussions)
Organizers and Sponsors
This event is made possible with the generous support of the Michigan Justice Fund, an initiative of the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan, along with sponsorship from Hope Network and American Friends Service Committee Michigan Criminal Justice Program.